I’ve always been a big fan of trivia. I’ve learned the most interesting little bits of info by following along with all kinds of trivia. And, yes… I’ve always been a big fan of Trivial Pursuit. Loved to play it and still would if I could find someone that would play along with me. My family doesn’t find it near as much fun as I do!
You would be amazed at all the types of trivia you can find. Anything from the completely mundane to more serious and important topics. Even health related!
If you like trivia as much as I do, then you’ll love this list below. Along with the trivia, I’ve also thrown in some good tips to know, but most of these are just fun trivia. Maybe you can see if you can pick out the tips from the trivia?
- A cough releases an explosive charge of air that moves at speeds up to 60mph. A sneeze can exceed speeds of 100 mph.
- The eye of a human can distinguish between 500 shades of gray.
- On average, women say 7,000 words per day. Men speak just over 2,000.
- Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.
- Research has shown that when people exercise by walking, they walk 30% longer if they walk to music.
- The benefits of exercise are more than just for weight management. Exercise also combats stress, promotes better sleep and activates the immune system.
- The eye of a human can distinguish between 500 shades of grey.
- Your body uses 300 muscles to balance itself while standing still.
- Your heart beats about 100,000 times a day.
- Women’s hearts beat faster than men’s hearts.
- According to German researchers, more people have heart attacks on Mondays than on any other day of the week.
- Joined end to end, all the blood vessels in your body would stretch about 60,000 miles. (2 1/2 times around the Earth!)
- People with dogs have lower blood pressure and less stress.
So, now it’s your turn! What are some of your favorite tips and/or trivia?